On Saturday, September 23, 2017 Second Chance German Shepherd Rescue will hold its annual fundraising Gala at the Blackhawk Country Club in Danville from 5 to 9 p.m.
Registration is $75 per person until our cut-off date of September 15. Reserved tables are available for groups of ten. Please register early as we expect to sell out quickly! Registration forms are now available!
Come and meet some of our Rescue Stars and see where your money goes! We have invited a few of our alumni dogs to bring their owners with them to the event so you can see how far they've come and how thankful they are to have new loving homes. They'll be available most of the evening for you to meet and greet.
K-9 teams from the Bay Area will be doing demos with their dogs from 5:15 to 5:30 outside at the front of the Country Club. Be sure to come early and catch all the action!
We will have lots of terrific silent and live auction items.
Here is a schedule for the evening's events:
- 5:00 pm
- Complimentary appetizers & wine, no-host bar, bidding begins on our silent auction items
- 5:15 - 5:30 pm
- Outdoor Police K-9 demonstrations
- 7:00 pm
- Sit-down dinner includes choice of entree (beef, chicken, or gluten free vegetarian), salad, bread, dinner wine, coffee, tea, and dessert
- 7:45 pm (approximately)
- Live auction with NBC News Anchor Diane Dwyer as auctioneer
Attire is dressy casual to dressy. No denim please.
This is a wonderful time to socialize, meet great K-9 officers and their German Shepherd partners, take home some awesome auction items and help SCGSR raise money to save more German Shepherd Dogs and find them new, loving homes. Come out and join the fun!
We have two ways of registering for the Gala.
- Fill out the online registration form and submit it. You will be given a choice to pay by PayPal or credit card.
- By Mail:
- Download the registration form, fill it out, and mail with a check to SCGSR Fundraiser, PO Box 2546, Walnut Creek, CA 94595.